    SubjectRe: airo and firmware upload (was Re: 2.6 must-fix list, v3)
    Dave Jones wrote:
    > On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 04:32:35PM -0700, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
    > > While we are on the subject : a few months ago, Javier added
    > > support for MIC to the airo driver. It's basically crypto based on
    > > AES. You refused to include that part in the kernel because crypto was
    > > not accepted in the kernel.
    > > Fast forward : today we have crypto in the 2.5.X kernel. Does
    > > this mean that you would have no objection accepting a patch from
    > > Javier including the crypto part ?
    > Sounds like it would be better to get it using the in-kernel crypto
    > stuff rather than reimplementing its own routines. Same for the HostAP
    > driver.

    _I_ didn't refuse the crypto, Linus did. But that was a positive step,
    that kicked off inclusion of crypto into the kernel.

    airo and HostAP do indeed need to use CryptoAPI not reimplement their
    own crypto, though...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.042 / U:232.748 seconds]