On Tue, 13 May 2003 17:00:29 +0100
Russell King <> wrote:

> The basic idea is to rip out the arm26 code from arch/arm and
> include/asm-arm, thereby allowing include/asm-arm/proc-armv to
> be collapsed into include/asm-arm, removing some clutter.

speaking of which - let me know when you want the next round of patches
to remove the ARM26 stuff from arch/arm please ;-)

> Separating it out should also allow arm26 to shrink down to
> something smaller, which is fairly critical for these machines.

Yep. the [compiled size of the] kernel has already begun to decrease,
and its looking quite promising (If I ever get the time to finish it!)

I just want to get it 'out there' so the couple of other folks
interested can start hacking on it too.

I have an ide driver too, if anyone wants to submit it for the
mainstream kernel. It drives SIMTEC IDE cards, found in Acorn machines,
and is, of course, non-invasive to the tree. Its for 2.4. I'd imagine
Russell would be happy to let someone else take it off his hands?

Spyros lair:
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with

Systems programmers keep it up longer.