SubjectRe: ioctl32: kill code duplication (sparc64 tester wanted)

> > > What's the reason you can't build fs/compat_ioctl.c normally and pull
> > > in the arch magic through a magic asm/ header?
> >
> > Some architectures need special stuff (mtrr's), so I'd have to include
> > .c files, too (the other way). [Look at how the table of ioctls is
> > generated, its asm magic].
> Shouldn't that special stuff move to the dynamic ioctl handler
> registration method or the new ->compat_ioctl?

Davem probably would not like bloat
resulting from that (There's a lot of
arch specific stuff out there). Agreed it
would be nice to do that, but I feel
we need to make small steps.

> > Are you asking why are there #includes in compat_ioctl.c? Its because
> > there is so many of them, and having to update all archs when you
> > tuoch fs/compat_ioctl.c would be bad.
> I'm asking for the #ifdef INCLUDES in fs/compat_ioctl.c. Why do you
> need it instead of including the headers uncondtionally?

Because I'm including compat_ioctl.c from few places.
Horseback riding is like software...
...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.