    SubjectRe: bug on shutdown from 68-mm4 (machine_power_off returning causes problems)
    "Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@aracnet.com> writes:

    > >> Don't think so - I don't have that enabled. Config file is attatched.
    > >
    > > It doesn't matter - the kexec patch tends to futz with stuff like that
    > > regardless of CONFIG_KEXEC.
    > >
    > > It doesn't happen here. Could you please retest without the kexec
    > > patch applied?
    >
    > Yup, backing out kexec fixes it.

    Ok. Thinking it through the differences is that I have machine_power_off
    call stop_apics (which is roughly equivalent to the old smp_send_stop).

    In the kexec patch that does 2 things.
    1) It shuts down the secondary cpus, and returns the bootstrap cpu to
    virtual wire mode.
    2) It calls set_cpus_allowed to force the reboot to be on the primary
    cpu.

    After returning from machine_power_off. We run into a problem
    in flush_tlb_mm. Because we have a cpu disabled, that is still part
    of the mm's vm mask.

    Does anyone know why machine_halt, and machine_power_off return?

    If not I am just going to disable the return path.

    Eric

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.026 / U:1.092 seconds]