    SubjectRe: must-fix list for 2.6.0

    - large parts of the locking are hosed or not existant
    o shost->my_devices isn't locked down at all
    o the host list ist locked but not refcounted, mess can
    happen when the spinlock is dropped
    o there are lots of members of struct Scsi_Host/scsi_device/scsi_cmnd
    with very unclear locking, many of them probably want to become
    atomic_t's or bitmaps (for the 1bit bitfields).
    o there's lots of volatile abuse in the scsi code that needs to
    be thought about.
    o there's some global variables incremented without any locks

    - there's a fundamental lookup vs devfsd race that's only fixable
    by introducing a lookup vs devfs deadlock. I can't see how this
    is fixable without getting rid of the current devfsd design.
    Mandrake seems to have a workaround for this so this is at least
    not triggered so easily, but that's not what I'd considere a fix..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.020 / U:19.460 seconds]