    SubjectRe: Why DRM exists [was Re: Flame Linus to a crisp!]
    On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:21:07 -0700
    Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> wrote:

    > That line of reasoning, by the way, only works if they are a monopoly,
    > i.e., it doesn't work real well for BK, there are lots of other source
    > management systems. But it works very well for things like Word,
    > that's a de facto standard, contrary to what some people here believe
    > it is bloody difficult to negotiate a contract in anything but Word.
    > Try sending a lawyer anything else and you'll see what I mean.

    A lot of people love reading deleted-and-not-visible parts of w.rd-docs, you
    can learn a lot out of such a doc, including some information about the network
    it was created on.
    But of course it may be of no importance what the other side thinks when
    negotiating a contract ...

    --
    Regards,
    Stephan