    SubjectRe: bdflush flushing memory mapped pages.
    On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 21:20, Keith Ansell wrote:
    > help
    >
    > My application uses SHARED memory mapping files for file I/O, and we have
    > observed
    > that Linux does not flush dirty pages to disk until munmap or msync are
    > called.
    >
    > I would like to know are there any development plans which would address
    > this issue or
    > if there is a version of bdflush which flushes write required pages (dirty
    > pages) to disk?

    The linux behavior is perfectly fine and conformant to the posix/sus
    specifications, applications that break because of this are defective
    and need fixing. This is a performance optimisation that the OS is
    perfectly allowed to do.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.026 / U:0.268 seconds]