    SubjectRe: must-fix list for 2.6.0
    > kernel/
    > -------
    >
    > - O(1) scheduler starvation, poor behaviour seems unresolved.
    >
    > Jens: "I've been running 2.5.67-mm3 on my workstation for two days, and
    > it still doesn't feel as good as 2.4. It's not a disaster like some
    > revisisons ago, but it still has occasional CPU "stalls" where it feels
    > like a process waits for half a second of so for CPU time. That's is very
    > noticable."
    Well, i had similar problems with 2.5 stalling, but now that i disabled
    preemtible kernel, it is better now. Are there no complaints about preemt?

    Also there is one issue, i am not sure if this may be a kernel issue,
    but with setiathome running in a X desktop environment all apps work fine,
    but when i run openoffice, openoffice responds with 5 second delay.
    I remember somebody noticing a problem with evolution that was related to
    a kernel problem. Maybe i could help sorting it out?

    Regards,
    Maciej

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.026 / U:1.128 seconds]