    SubjectRe: Synaptics Touchpad loses sync 2.5.66
    Joshua Kwan wrote:
    > On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 01:49:03PM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
    >
    >>Under X 4.2.0 (Happened under 4.1.x also) the Touchpad loses sync quite
    >>frequently causing the mouse to go haywire, jumping all over the screen
    >>and sending button presses that I have not made.
    >>The exact same configuration works perfectly under 2.4.x
    >

    > I talked about this problem on LKML around 2.5.59.

    Ahh, that was about when I subscribed, I must have just missed it.

    > If you use an ACPI battery monitor (I notice you are on a laptop and
    > you have ACPI enabled), there is a lot of Bad Mojo (TM) in psmouse.c
    > at the moment. Just don't use it if you have a synaptics touchpad, and
    > things should work out immediately.

    Well that was interesting.. I started X, told the battery monitor not to
    start on X startup, stopped X and re-started it, and the machine totaly
    hard locked. No Alt-Sysrq, no external ping.. no nothing..

    After a hard re-boot, I can confirm that not running the ACPI battery
    monitor solves (works around) the problem. Problem being I now have no
    idea when my battery is going to die :p)

    Thanks for the quick response.

    --
    Brad....
    /"\