    SubjectRe: [Bluetooth] HCI USB driver update. Support for SCO over HCI USB.
    At 02:15 PM 4/29/2003, Greg KH wrote:
    >On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 01:29:41PM -0700, Max Krasnyansky wrote:
    >> >You aren't calling usb_free_urb() as you are embedding a struct urb
    >> >within your struct _urb structure. Any reason you can't use a struct
    >> >urb * instead and call the usb core's functions to create and return
    >> >a urb ?
    >> I didn't want to do two allocations (one for struct _urb and one for
    >> struct urb).
    >
    >I agree, and understand what you are doing, it makes sense for your case.
    >Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the future danger :)
    :)

    >> >Otherwise any changes to the internal urb structures, and the
    >> >usb_alloc_urb() and usb_free_urb() functions will have to be mirrored
    >> >here in your functions, and I know I will forget to do that :)
    >> How about
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >Ok, that works for me. Does the patch below work out for you?
    Yep. I'd make it return void though.

    I'll fix hci_usb to use usb_init_urb() when your patch get's in.

    >> I was actually going to ask you guys if you'd be interested in
    >> generalizing this _urb_queue() stuff that I have for other drivers.
    >> Current URB api does not provide any interface for
    >> queueing/linking/etc of URBs in the _driver_ itself. Things like next,
    >> prev, etc are used in the HCD. So if driver submits bunch of different
    >> URBs (and potentially multiple URBs of the same type like hci_usb
    >> does) it has to implement its own lists, arrays and stuff. I used to
    >> use SKBs for URB queues but struct sk_buff is to big for that simple
    >> task.
    >
    >Yes, generalizing that stuff would be nice to have. Lots of drivers
    >have to manage their urbs on their own today, and making that easier to
    >do would be a good thing.
    Good. I'll reply do Dave's email were he asked for more details.

    Thanks.
    Max

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.023 / U:30.920 seconds]