SubjectRe: [Bluetooth] HCI USB driver update. Support for SCO over HCI USB.
At 02:15 PM 4/29/2003, Greg KH wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 01:29:41PM -0700, Max Krasnyansky wrote:
>> >You aren't calling usb_free_urb() as you are embedding a struct urb
>> >within your struct _urb structure. Any reason you can't use a struct
>> >urb * instead and call the usb core's functions to create and return
>> >a urb ?
>> I didn't want to do two allocations (one for struct _urb and one for
>> struct urb).
>
>I agree, and understand what you are doing, it makes sense for your case.
>Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the future danger :)
:)

>> >Otherwise any changes to the internal urb structures, and the
>> >usb_alloc_urb() and usb_free_urb() functions will have to be mirrored
>> >here in your functions, and I know I will forget to do that :)
>> How about
>
><snip>
>
>Ok, that works for me. Does the patch below work out for you?
Yep. I'd make it return void though.

I'll fix hci_usb to use usb_init_urb() when your patch get's in.

>> I was actually going to ask you guys if you'd be interested in
>> generalizing this _urb_queue() stuff that I have for other drivers.
>> Current URB api does not provide any interface for
>> queueing/linking/etc of URBs in the _driver_ itself. Things like next,
>> prev, etc are used in the HCD. So if driver submits bunch of different
>> URBs (and potentially multiple URBs of the same type like hci_usb
>> does) it has to implement its own lists, arrays and stuff. I used to
>> use SKBs for URB queues but struct sk_buff is to big for that simple
>> task.
>
>Yes, generalizing that stuff would be nice to have. Lots of drivers
>have to manage their urbs on their own today, and making that easier to
>do would be a good thing.
Good. I'll reply do Dave's email were he asked for more details.

Thanks.
Max

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.110 / U:0.604 seconds]