    SubjectRe: Re: Swap Compression
    Well here's some new code.  I'll get to work on a userspace app
    to compress files. This code ONLY works on fcomp-standard
    and does only one BruteForce (bmbinary is disabled) search for
    redundancy. This means three things:

    1 - There's no support for messing with the pointer size and mdist/
    analysis buffer size (max pointer distance)
    2 - The compression ratios will not be the best. The first match,
    no matter how short, will be taken. If it's less than 4 bytes, it will
    return "no match" to the fcomp_push function.
    3 - It will be slow. BruteForce() works. Period. The code is too
    simple for even a first-day introductory C student to screw up, and
    there are NO bugs unless I truly AM a moron. bmbinary() should
    work, and the function it was coded from works in test, but neither
    have been written out and proven to work by logic diagram. It's
    fast (infinitely faster than BruteForce()), but I'll try it when I feel that
    the rest of the code is working right.

    This should be complete for fcomp-standard. A little alteration will
    allow the fcomp-extended to work. *Wags tail* this past two days
    has been fun ^_^;

    --Bluefox Icy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.020 / U:0.176 seconds]