    SubjectRe: ChangeLog suggestion

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

    > Note that the "author" info is only semi readable from CVS. It contains
    > just the user part of the email address (in my case - "lkml" for spam
    > reasons - hardly a unique identifier). I'm told that under BK it has the
    > full email, so I'm not sure where that stands there.

    People have indeed asked me to do that even for the BK tree - to avoid
    spammers picking up the address. I don't want to do it.

    Personally, I want to have some address that I can reach the author at,
    and if that means that spammers can pick it up too (open source means that
    everybody has the same stuff _I_ have) I guess people who want to talk to
    me need to live with spam filters or send patches to me from special
    accounts.

    But both the short-format changelog (the ones posted to linux-kernel) and
    the CVS tree do hide the addresses somewhat.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.021 / U:240.900 seconds]