    SubjectRe: Flame Linus to a crisp!
    Shachar Shemesh wrote:

    > Wouldn't "control ... installation" include the keys too?
    > IANAL, but I am on the board of an NPO that advocates Free and Open
    > Source Software, and that NPO has a lawyer (who is VERY familiar with
    > the GPL). Would it make sense to ask him? After all, that merely means
    > what one lawyer would say.
    Ok, so I did. The gist of it - a very quick analysis said "no, it does
    not cover the keys". You can now return to your usual debate.

    More in details, the keys seem like a late addition to the already
    compiled kernel, have a standalone existance, and are not even code, and
    can therefor not be considered "deriviative work".

    Shachar Shemesh
    Open Source integration consultant
    Home page & resume -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.020 / U:39.372 seconds]