[lkml]   [2003]   [Apr]   [24]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
SubjectRe: How did the Spelling Police miss this one?
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:46:06AM -0400, Timothy Miller wrote:

> On the other hand, "canonicalize", while strange and new, unambiguously
> means (b).
> Is there an already-existing word which means (b)?

% webster normalize
nor-mal-ize \'no[0xC7]r-me-,l[0xF5]^-z\ vt -ized; -iz-ing
1: to make conform to or reduce to a norm or standard
2: to make normal (as by a transformation of variables)
3: to bring or restore (as relations between countries) to a normal
-- nor-mal-iz-able \-,l[0xF5]^--ze-bel\ adj
-- nor-mal-iza-tion \,no[0xC7]r-me-le-'za^--shen\ n
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at

 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:4.153 / U:0.140 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site