    SubjectRe: objrmap and vmtruncate
    >> where the list of address_ranges is sorted by start address. This is
    >> intended to make use of the real-world case that many things (like shared
    >> libs) map the same exact address ranges over and over again (ie something
    >> like 3 ranges, but hundreds or thousands of mappings).
    >
    > I'd have to see an empirical demonstration or some previously published
    > analysis (or previously published empirical demonstration) to believe
    > this does as it should.
    >
    > Not to slight the originator, but it is a technique without an a priori
    > time (or possibly space either) guarantee, so the trials are warranted.
    >
    > I'm overstating the argument because it's hard to make it sound slight;
    > it's very plausible something like this could resolve the time issue.

    I got sidetracked by the slowdown seeing for massive contention on the
    i_shared_sem for even sorting the list. We need to fix that before this is
    feasible to do ... (though maybe the list will be sufficiently shorter now
    it's less of a problem .... hmmm). Maybe I'll just finish off the code.

    M.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.021 / U:32.936 seconds]