    From: linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org
    [mailto:linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org]On Behalf Of Christoph
    Rohland
    Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 8:28 AM
    To: tomlins@cam.org
    Cc: CaT; linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; Hugh Dickins
    Subject: Re: PATCH: allow percentile size of tmpfs (2.5.66 /
    2.4.20-pre2)

    Hi Ed,

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2003, Ed Tomlinson wrote:
    > What does tmpfs have to do with ram size? Its swappable. This
    > _might_ be useful for ramfs but for tmpfs, IMHO, its not a good
    > idea.

    I agree and I think if you add this option it should adjust to a
    percentage of (ram + swap). With this it would be a really nice
    improvement.
    I even had patches for this but to do it efficently you would need to
    add some hooks to swapon and swapoff.

    Greetings
    Christoph

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.021 / U:0.308 seconds]