    SubjectRe: [patch] VMnet/VMware workstation 4.0
    On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 14:12, Petr Vandrovec wrote:
    > On 17 Apr 03 at 13:48, Lucas Correia Villa Real wrote:
    > > Is there a "correct" place at to send these patches? I tryied
    > > sending it to, but I got no response from them.
    > >
    > > Anyway, below follows the patch providing support to devfs on the vmnet driver
    > > for vmware workstation 4.0.
    > You can send them to me if you do not trust feature-request...
    > Proble with your patch is that it does not look like that it will
    > build on 2.2.x without complaints, but I can fix that. More important
    > question to me is: do people really use devfs?
    > And if change will not make into next WS release, I can always distribute it
    > from my site.
    > Petr Vandrovec

    Gentoo uses devfs, and some people (like me) use VMware on gentoo. Not
    that this matters, because the vmware startup files make the correct
    device nodes. (I've never used vmware on non-devfs but I assumed it
    works fine there.)

    Daniel Gryniewicz <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.019 / U:3.136 seconds]