Subjectrh9 and 2.5 kernel difficulties
Date
Hello,
I've successfully compiled/installed a 2.5.67 kernel on rh9, and the
modules. The problem is when i boot it grub just hangs, i'm assuming i've
compiled everything right, i've read about the keyboard/mouse/monitor
issues, but then i got a reference to something to do with modules and
compatibility with 2.4, I did not however find this and i'm wondering if
that is my problem. Can anyone give me a pointer to all that i need for
this? My system has an A7A266 motherboard, and i'm getting an error about
i8253 count too high! error message and it was suggested that a 2.5 kernel
would resolve this.
Thanks.
Dave.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans