Subjectmy dual channel DDR 400 RAM won't work on any linux distro
(I posted this on some forums and they recommended that I try here)

I have a Gigabyte SINXP1394 motherboard, and 2 Kingston 512 MB DDR 400 (CL
2.5) RAM modules installed. Whenever I try to install any Linux
distribution, I always get a black screen after the kernel loads, when I
have dual channel enabled; If I take out 1 of the RAM modules (either one),
everything works as it should -- it's not a bad module (works perfectly
under Windows by the way). I can't disable dual channel without taking out
half of my RAM, and I really do not want to run with only half of it. Does
anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem, or is it something that
needs to be updated in the kernel?

Thanks for any info.