SubjectRe: kernel support for non-English user messages
On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 10:29, Linus Torvalds wrote:

Hi Linus,
I hope Im not being a nerd..

> The whole open source idea is that people do what they care
> about and what they are good at, and exactly because they aren't forced to
> deal with issues they don't have a heart for they take more pride and
> interest in the stuff they _do_ do.

I thought the whole open source idea was that people could share quality
software that is free to view and modify. :)

> Personally, I don't write documentation. I don't much even write
> comments in my code.

Maybe Im too naive but I really believe that good commenting style
should be the default way for _all_ opensource developers to opperate
simply because the practise of "being free to view and modify code" is
helped by good comments.

However I do understand that unpaid volunteers will tend to focus on the
things they enjoy more so than things they do not, and I dont have any
problems with that.

The Learning curve with a project this big is hellishly steep though, so
young ones such as myself can use all the code comments we can get.
I know it seems rather obnoxious to be telling you this, sorry.

Best Regards.

--
Alex Combas <ghetto_samurai@shaw.ca>
This message is digitally signed.