    Subjectdrivers/net/isa-skeleton.c queue management bug?
    I realize that the code is going on ten years old and isn't supposed
    to be run, but is there a bug in the interface queue handling for
    packet transmissions in isa-skeleton.c?

    If TX_RING is defined, net_interrupt() will check to see if it was
    called due to a completed packet, and if so, then it executes:

    if (status & TX_INTR) {
    /* Transmit complete. */
    net_tx(dev);
    np->stats.tx_packets++;
    netif_wake_queue(dev);
    }

    However, the net_tx() function processes any completed entries and
    then executes:

    if (netif_queue_stopped(dev) && ! tx_full(dev))
    netif_wake_queue(dev);

    It seems that the queue is going to be awoken in net_interrupt,
    regardless of the state of the ring buffer. I'm not exactly sure
    under what circumstances this might occur, but I'm trying to track
    down random hangs in a driver that is based on isa-skeleton.

    Trammell
    --
    -----|----- hudson@osresearch.net W 240-283-1700
    *>=====[]L\ hudson@rotomotion.com M 505-463-1896