    SubjectRe: 2.5.67-mm3: Bad: scheduling while atomic with IEEE1394 then hard freeze ( lockup on CPU0)
    Hello,

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:05:30 -0700
    Andrew Morton <akpm@digeo.com> wrote:

    | Philippe Gramoullé <philippe.gramoulle@mmania.com> wrote:
    | >

    | > http://www.philou.org/2.5.67-mm3/2.5.67-mm3.log
    |
    | This is a great bug report. Thanks.

    Well, i finally managed to get some output when i learned about the
    nmi_watchdog boot option ( reading another thread about debugging hard hangs)
    so i'm pleased if this report helped :)

    | The 1394 warnings are known about and I think Ben is working on it.

    Ok, great. I think this is one of the latest thing that prevents me to
    use 2.5.x almost full time.

    | The NMI watchdog hit is nasty:

    [snip]

    | What has happened here is that you were in the middle of a kobject_get(),
    | holding spin_lock(&kobj_lock) when an interrupt came in. The USB interrupt
    | handler comes in and ends up calling kobject_get() again. This CPU already
    | holds the lock and blamyouredead.
    |
    | Turning kobj_lock into an IRQ-safe lock would appear to be a sufficient fix.

    I'll wait for the fix and will happily try it once it's available.

    Thanks,

    Philippe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.021 / U:0.340 seconds]