    SubjectRe: kernel panic (2.5.67-ac1)
    On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:25:48PM -0700, Christian Staudenmayer wrote:
    > hello,
    > (i've posted a similar message before but i've been told to add the whole error
    > message, so here it is. sorry about that, but typing screenfulls of hex numbers
    > makes me feel like a geek but it also makes my head hurt ;)
    > the 2.5.67 kernel boots fine here, but the -ac1 patch to it ends up in
    > a kernel panic.
    > here are the last 25 lines of the error, i don't know if there is more above of it,
    > scrolling up didn't work... (btw there can be typos in it ;)

    This stack looks very much like the problem with scsi queue plugging
    behaviour and the removal of blk_empty_queue. It is not always hit, there
    could easily be something in ac that changed the timing.

    [If so] this is not a problem in the ac kernel, even though you only hit
    it after adding the ac patch.

    James B sent in a fix, it's included in the current bk tree, the changelog

    fix scsi queue plugging behaviour

    Following recent changes removing blk_queue_empty(), we were
    incorrectly plugging the queue some times (most often as part of
    the SCSI scan process). This was causing a non-deterministic panic
    in the scan code because a destroyed queue was sometimes being
    unplugged and run.

    Or see this for log and patch:|ChangeSet@-2d

    The patch won't apply cleanly on top of 2.5.67.

    -- Patrick Mansfield

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.020 / U:1.516 seconds]