SubjectPCI: Device 02:04.0 not available because of resource collisions
From
Hi Kernel Developers,

I have been trying to get this Texas Instruments PCI1410 PC card Cardbus
Controller to work in a l440gx+ based SMP system. However whenever pcmcia
tries to start I get the following

* Starting pcmcia...
cardmgr[5854]: no sockets found!
* cardmgr failed to start. Make sure that you have PCMCIA
* modules built or support compiled into the kernel

A look in the system log reveals the following

Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
PCI: Device 02:04.0 not available because of resource collisions

This error occurs with both 2.5.66 and 2.5.67. I submitted this query to
David Hinds on the PCMCIA forum and he suggested that I should bring this
to you guys.

I also recieved similar errors under 2.4.20. This kernel was patched with
the xfs patches from SGI. Ihave tried this with both the in-kernel pcmcia
and the drivers from the the pcmcia-cs package but the same is always
recieved.

What other information do you need? I'm afraid I'm not really a programmer
and the insides of the kernel are a bit beyond me.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

iain

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.043 / U:0.156 seconds]