    SubjectRe: kernel support for non-english user messages
    Date
    > > A versioned file becomes openable as a directory as well, so that you
    > > can see the old versions. I'm sure something like this has already
    > > been done, I'll have to try to search it out.
    >
    > There was "Hidden Directory" support in IBM's AIX/370 (and probably the
    > AIX 1.2 that was i386-only), and I'm told some of the HP Apollo stuff
    > did similar. Very strange, bizzare, aggrivating, and occasionally useful.

    Well, you can say that about almost any feature, but you can always
    compile it out :-).

    A versioned filesystem would be very useful for:

    * Webservers
    * Development of small projects, where you don't need the overhead of
    an SCM, but something similar is useful.

    John.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.025 / U:90.400 seconds]