SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] udev 0.1 release
Date
In article <20030412000829.GL4539@kroah.com>,
Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:39:07PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> Why not serialize /sbin/hotplug at the kernel level. Queue hotplug
>> events and only allow one /sbin/hotplug to run at the same time.
>
>We don't want the kernel to stop based on a user program.

It would not stop if you queued the events.

What is the difference between queueing events to be read from
a pipe or socket or queueing them for a kernel thread that empties
the queue by executing /sbin/hotplug for each entry in the queue.

The pipe/socket solution is probably better anyway, I was just
wondering why /sbin/hotplug wasn't serialized from the start.

Mike.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans