SubjectRe: Entire LAN goes boo with 2.5.64
Tried  with  a  Realtek  8139B and the Intel Pro100+ adapter. The same
thing happens. The LAN goes crazy and all programs trying to
access or use the LAN on the Linuxbox goes super-slow or crashes.

I am rather lost when it comes to where I should begin to look.

Have not compiled in IPX, network filtering and most other things. The
only network card I have compiled in is the Rtl8139 and the Becker
Intel Pro100+ driver.

Here is my net config: http://tnonline.net/conf.png

I have not compiled in ACPI or APM or APIC. And they are disabled in
BIOS too.

//Anders

> I've had this happen once, but with a 2.4 kernel. I had compiled in IPX
> and configured it for autodiscovery of frame type. On boot, it would
> flip back and forth between two different types rather fast (as fast as
> the 100base NIC could do it), freaking out every piece of networking
> equipment and every computer. See if you have IPX compiled in.
> Otherwise, run ethereal or another sniffer to see what exactly the
> network traffic is; that might be helpful.

> Alexander

> Anders Widman wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Trying out the 2.5.64 kernel to try to solve some IDE specific
>> problems with 2.4.x kernels. Now I have another problem. We have a
>> Windows LAN and a Windows XP with WinRoute Pro as gateway.
>>
>> When booting the linux-machine with the 2.5.64 kernel the windows
>> machine goes to 100% cpu and the switch (Dlink) goes crazy (loosing
>> link, other machines get 100k/s instead of 10-12MiB/s etc).
>>
>> I compiled the 2.5.64 with as few options as possible, no
>> netfilter, or IPSec or similar stuff.
>>
>> What can be the problem?
>>

>> --------
>> PGP public key: https://tnonline.net/secure/pgp_key.txt
>>
>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

--------
PGP public key: https://tnonline.net/secure/pgp_key.txt

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.022 / U:0.632 seconds]