SubjectRe: ipsec-tools 0.1 + kernel 2.5.64
Date
Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> writes:

> It's new in glibc 2.3

Ahh.. Thanks. I'm still using older versions myself.

> #ifdef <OS> is a very bad style. As you're already using autoconf
> I'd suggest just checking for HAVE_GETIFADDRS

Well, the problem is that the replacement function is only valid on
Linux, so I need to have the <OS> test in there anyways. It may be
"bad style", but the test needs to exist _somewhere_. Besides, I've
never been one to be convinced to do something purely based on
stylistic arguments. Give me a real technical reason why it needs to
be different and I'll consider changing it.

-derek

Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)
warlord@MIT.EDU PGP key available