    SubjectRe: Unable to boot a raw kernel image :??
        Hi Peter :)

    H. Peter Anvin dixit:
    > That, and the 1 MB limitation, is the reason it either needs to get
    > nuked or get some massive surgery. I am currently trying to get Linus
    > to accept a patch to put it out of its misery.

    Please, try to convince Marcello and Alan, too. The 2.4 branch
    will be a happier branch (well, assuming that the Linux kernel has
    feelings, of course) without the raw kernel image booting. Anyway, it
    doesn't seem to work for El Torito emulated floppies... I will be the
    first who cry for this ancient code, but I think now it doesn't make
    sense. Anyone uses floppies yet? Here in Spain a floppy is more
    expensive than a 80 min. CD...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.020 / U:93.408 seconds]