SubjectRE: MTRR & HT
MTRRs must always be set properly, and they need to be consistent among the CPUs (and E820 info). For HT, they are shared between the two logical processors in a processor package. So you just set them once per processor package. Wrong MTTR setups (e.g. set UC for WB) can easily cause performance problems.

Jun

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.029 / U:0.264 seconds]