    Subjectmmap-related questions
    Greetings!  I hate to ask this type of questions here,
    but having searched the list and googling, I have
    found no good answers, so here goes..

    If I use mmap to give me a sliding window view onto a
    file (mmap/munmap/mmap or mremap), how can I sync all
    unmapped memory associated with the file?

    I read from Stevens that "the call to munmap does not
    cause the contents of the mapped region to be written
    to the disk file.", but I don't want to pay the
    penalty of doing many msync()'s each time I move my
    I tested that fsync() does not seem to sync pages that
    were mapped with mmap. Is there some way to sync all
    data associated with the file? Is there a way which
    is also portable to Solaris 2.6?

    BTW: I'm using 2.4.7 (RH enterprise)

    Do you Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.019 / U:53.548 seconds]