    SubjectRe: Software Suspend Functionality in 2.5

    On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 17:28, Suparna Bhattacharya wrote:
    > If you add to that the possibility of being able to save more
    > in less space if you have compression, would it be useful ?

    I'm not sure that it would because we don't know how much compression
    we're going to get ahead of time, so we don't know how many extra pages
    we can save. The compression/decompression also takes extra time and
    puts more drain on a potentially low battery.

    I suppose it could be included as an option if it was going to already
    be there for LKCD anyway, but I'm not sure it would be helpful for the
    usual use of swsusp.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.018 / U:205.200 seconds]