    SubjectRe: Alsa, Kernel OSS
    Hi Takashi,

    On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:28:11 +0100
    Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:

    > At Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:17:46 +0100,
    > Marc Giger wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi Jaroslav, Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I have the following problem with Kernel 2.4.20 and the alsa
    > > 0.9.0_rc6 / rc7 drivers:
    > >
    > > When I try to load the snd-intel8x0 driver I get the message that no
    > > such device is installed. But when I first load the kernel i810_audio
    > > driver and then unload it again, I can load the snd-intel8x0 without
    > > any problems....
    >
    > this might be due to the detection of modem codec.
    > if so, this was fixed on the ALSA cvs. please try ALSA cvs version or
    > wait for the next ALSA patchset...

    Ok, I will wait..

    > > This happened not with 2.4.19 and alsa < 0.9.0_rc6..
    > >
    > > Another question:
    > >
    > > Why can't I play more than one sources on the same time with such a
    > > card? All programs which would access /dev/dsp blocks until the other
    > > programs frees the device... It isn't very useful.
    > >
    > > I have no such problems with multiple sources as example on my
    > > SBLive or on my yamaha sound card with the snd-ymfpci driver.
    > >
    > > Do I miss some settings?
    >
    > no, it's the hardware limitation.

    Ok, I see..cheap hardware..

    But multiple sources on window$ works..
    In this case, windows mixes the sources in software - right?
    Is it a big "problem" to do this also in Linux?
    This would be an interesting work for me:-)
    Perhaps a program as interface between userspace and alsa-driver? Or better directly in the alsa-driver?

    Thank you very much!

    Marc

    > Takashi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.024 / U:0.908 seconds]