    SubjectRe: Bad interactive behaviour in 2.5.65-66 (sched.c)
    On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 21:33, Con Kolivas wrote:

    > Are you sure this should be called a bug? Basically X is an interactive
    > process. If it now is "interactive for a priority -10 process" then it should
    > be hogging the cpu time no? The priority -10 was a workaround for lack of
    > interactivity estimation on the old scheduler.

    Well, I do not necessarily think that renicing X is the problem. Just
    an idea.

    We do have a problem, though. Nearly indefinite starvation and all sort
    of weird effects like bash not able to create a new process... its a

    Renicing X, aside from some weird client-server starvation issues with
    stuff like multimedia programs, should not cause any problem. It should
    help, in fact. But, you are right, its not needed in the current

    Robert Love

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.027 / U:20.376 seconds]