SubjectRe: lm sensors sysfs file structure
Martin Schlemmer wrote:

> For instance, what my bios say, and what the raw reading from
> /proc is, is two different things. I also had to slightly adjust
> things between some models of Asus boards I had.

But why not return always the raw data then and don't do any conversion
at all? I mean, if we already try to guess the real value in the driver,
we should try to get it right.
Ah, and I don't want to do small corrections like 1 or 2 percent up or
down, but things like this for lm80:
compute in0 (24/14.7 + 1) * @ , @ / (24/14.7 + 1)
compute in2 (22.1/30 + 1) * @ , @ / (22.1/30 + 1)
compute in3 (2.8/1.9) * @, @ * 1.9/2.8
compute in4 (160/30.1 + 1) * @, @ / (160/30.1 + 1)

These differ a lot. And as stated in the sensors.conf seem to be from
the datasheet of the lm80 and not mainboard specific.
So that the sysfs values at least are near reality.

Thanks,

Jan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.050 / U:0.324 seconds]