SubjectRe: Reproducible terrible interactivity since 2.5.64bk2
On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 14:16, Michal Schmidt wrote:
> Andrew Ebling wrote:
> > I'm seeing similar on 2.5.66; xmms pauses when doing disk intensive
> > tasks.

> This may be a different problem. My test is not very disk intensive. It
> is more CPU intensive (bzip2 compression). The disk is only slightly
> used when running my testing script.

I just experienced the problem very badly when tarring/bzipping hundreds
of MB of source files - almost certainly CPU bound on that occasion ;-).

I could do this on 2.4.2x with no problem.

btw. xmms is playing via ALSA, but other apps are also being starved of
CPU time - 30 second screen redraws :-/.

Andy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.164 / U:0.024 seconds]