    SubjectRe: Testing: What do you want?
    Jörn Engel wrote:
    > And another thing I have found to be good at finding bugs is a sick
    > mind. If you intend to crash a system and do just about anything a
    > normal user wouldn't, you will stress all the code paths that are
    > usually not tested.

    I'll throw a couple big evolutionary simulations on one of my boxes, and
    see how Linux digests it. Lovely thing about stochastic code -- you
    never know what it might do. :)

    I could put my wife on Linux. She's a brilliant woman of great talent --
    and, alas, she is endowed with an incredible ability to wreak
    unintentional destruction on technology. She has accomplished some truly
    remarkable feats of software implosion -- soemtimes, without touching
    the keyboard!

    Let's put it this way: She got *really* angry at me once, and all of my
    systems (Linboxen included) REBOOTED spontaneously in reaction to her
    outburst!

    Now that's what *I* call "stressing" the code!

    --
    Scott Robert Ladd
    Professional programming for science and engineering;