    SubjectSystem call interception in kernel 2.5 +

    I had written a software that intercepted system calls in an ad-hoc
    manner from a linux kernel module on 2.4 kernel (thanks to the exported
    symbol sys_call_table). Agreed that race conditions could easily arise.

    1) Considering that it is no longer exported, how can
    one intercept system calls?

    2) Is there a API to do that in the new kernel?

    3) I recently read an article which said that one could register new
    system calls dynamically. Does this feature actually exist? If so, is
    there any way one can intercept system calls using this feature?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.036 / U:6.228 seconds]