    SubjectRe: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25
    On 23 Mar 2003 14:47:19 -0500
    Robert Love <> wrote:

    > If you do not use a vendor kernel then you assume the responsibility of
    > doing this stuff yourself. If you do not want to worry about these
    > things, use a vendor kernel.

    Almost all of the people I know who are running Linux are compiling their
    own kernels fetched from and very few of them are tracking
    LKML, so even if they should, they aren't.

    Would it really hurt that much to release 2.4.21 with the ptracefix(es)?

    If it hurts that much, can put out a brief message and a link
    to the relevant patches somewhere so that people who doesn't follow LKML
    can find the patches without browsing the ML-archives?

    Henrik Persson
    PGP-key: PGP-KeyID: 0x43B68116

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.021 / U:54.136 seconds]