SubjectRe: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25
Hi Jeff!

> I think you misunderstand my point: there was a patch posted which
> fixes the ptrace issue. If you want to fix your kernel, there are two
> otherwise get a kernel update from a vendor.

Sorry, but you seem to forget that a significant amount of people use
kernel.org kernels, but don't monitor LKML nor are able to choose from
the various patches floating there the most appropriate fix.

If 2.4.21 were expected in a few days, it would make sense to delay the
fix, but this doesn't seem to be the case, so I think that a hot-fix
really should be released quickly (either as 2.4.20.1 or 2.4.21)

> As for Alan, his task was easier: Guess how many patches are in 2.2.25?
> One. ;-)

And why couldn't it be the same for 2.4.21?

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
The better the better, the better the bet.