SubjectRe: 2.5.65 jaz drive devfs oops
: > And, even with "devfs=nomount" on the boot line and no devfs used I still
: > get the same error once the jaz drive totally cycles down.
:
: Is the OOPS with devfs=nomount exactly the same? If no or you're
: unsure please post it, too.

Yep, it's always mounted the same but the other thing I just remembered is
that it's set up to use the automounter every time I go into /mnt/jaz. So,
if I permenantly mount the jaz drive somewhere and just have /mnt/jaz be
a intra-system link then it does work. I guess this means it's a problem
with the jaz drive spinning down and "detaching" itself from the scsi bus?

I decided I would try it that way for the moment since I could then keep
devfs on the system. No oops but I'm sure if I unmounted it for about an
hour and then tried to mount it again it would oops

--
Matthew Harrell Every morning is the dawn of a
Bit Twiddlers, Inc. new error.