    SubjectRe: About /etc/mtab and /proc/mounts
        Hi Kasper :)

    Kasper Dupont dixit:
    > Some more interesting cases are loopback mounts and bind mounts,
    > in which case the device field is completely different.
    > (And since I remember remount
    > bugs in tmpfs in early 2.4 kernels, it is not going to get easier
    > to put more requirements on the filesystem.)

    Not an easy fix, then. I've read the thread that this message
    originated, and I think that the better solucion, in the short term I
    mean, is to symlink /etc/mtab to a proper writeable place in the
    filesystem. Anyway, I think that this kind of 'traditional' things
    should go away and better solutions used instead. My particular
    problem is that *I* don't have better solutions (at least

    Thanks a lot for the interest :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.018 / U:66.512 seconds]