SubjectRe: [patch] sched-2.5.64-D3, more interactivity changes
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 21:52, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Could people, who can reproduce 'audio skips' kind of problems even with
> > BK-curr, give this patch a go?
> I do not test for multimedia performance and cannot comment on this.

I'm still getting starvation problems. If I run xmms with the "Goom"
visualizer (with the window large enough that it is CPU-bound), then
type a command into a shell window (say, ps), it will not run the
command until I close or shrink the goom window. xmms itself plays
fine, though sometimes it fails to go to the next track, apparently for
the same reason (ie, it starts the next track when I disable the

Goom is available from It
installs pretty easily if you have xmms installed.

That said, it does seem to be better than previous schedulers (for
example, 64-mm8). It used to starve xmms so much that I couldn't close
operate the UI to turn off the visualizer.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.078 / U:0.068 seconds]