    SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.65
    Hi,

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, CaT wrote:

    > One question. Should PCMCIA_AHA152X only be compilable as a module? I
    > found this in Kconfig:
    >
    > config PCMCIA_AHA152X
    > tristate "Adaptec AHA152X PCMCIA support"
    > depends on m
    > help
    > Say Y here if you intend to attach this type of PCMCIA SCSI host
    > adapter to your computer.
    >
    > The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
    > compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
    > presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

    Yes, this was the behaviour of the old config tools, which was restored
    with 2.5.65. This means 'm' is a marker that this thing works only as a
    module.
    If you want the other behaviour, that it can only be built as a module in
    a modular kernel, but compile it into a nonmodular kernel, you can use "m
    || !MODULES" instead.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.022 / U:0.472 seconds]