SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.65

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, CaT wrote:

> One question. Should PCMCIA_AHA152X only be compilable as a module? I
> found this in Kconfig:
> config PCMCIA_AHA152X
> tristate "Adaptec AHA152X PCMCIA support"
> depends on m
> help
> Say Y here if you intend to attach this type of PCMCIA SCSI host
> adapter to your computer.
> The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
> compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
> presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

Yes, this was the behaviour of the old config tools, which was restored
with 2.5.65. This means 'm' is a marker that this thing works only as a
If you want the other behaviour, that it can only be built as a module in
a modular kernel, but compile it into a nonmodular kernel, you can use "m
|| !MODULES" instead.

bye, Roman