SubjectRe: kernel nfsd
Date
On Tuesday 18 March 2003 17:07, Oleg Drokin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:42:04PM +0100, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> > > The comment in the code just above the printk() reads
> > > /* Now that IS odd. I wonder what it means... */
> > > Looks like you and Neil (and possibly the ReiserFS team) might want to
> > > have a chat...
> >
> > I'm all for it. Who has a glue? I have in fact tons of these messages,
> > it's a pretty large nfs server.
>
> What is the typical usage pattern for files whose names are printed?
> Are they created/deleted often by multiple clients/processes by any chance?

Hi,

we also sometimes see those messages. In our case it seems to appears rather
often for the local/share/perl directory of our /usr/local directory:

nfsd-fh: found a name that I didn't expect: share/perl

This directory is certainly never deleted when this message appears, actually
data are very, very seldem written to it.

Once this message also appeared for a file:
servicetypes/kdeveloplanguagesupport.desktop

I can't tell you how often kde deletes this file.

Please ask if you need more information.

Bernd