    SubjectRe: kernel nfsd
    Date
    On Tuesday 18 March 2003 17:07, Oleg Drokin wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:42:04PM +0100, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
    > > > The comment in the code just above the printk() reads
    > > > /* Now that IS odd. I wonder what it means... */
    > > > Looks like you and Neil (and possibly the ReiserFS team) might want to
    > > > have a chat...
    > >
    > > I'm all for it. Who has a glue? I have in fact tons of these messages,
    > > it's a pretty large nfs server.
    >
    > What is the typical usage pattern for files whose names are printed?
    > Are they created/deleted often by multiple clients/processes by any chance?

    Hi,

    we also sometimes see those messages. In our case it seems to appears rather
    often for the local/share/perl directory of our /usr/local directory:

    nfsd-fh: found a name that I didn't expect: share/perl

    This directory is certainly never deleted when this message appears, actually
    data are very, very seldem written to it.

    Once this message also appeared for a file:
    servicetypes/kdeveloplanguagesupport.desktop

    I can't tell you how often kde deletes this file.

    Please ask if you need more information.

    Bernd