    SubjectRe: Read Hat 7.3 and 8.0 compilation problems
    >  > Are you using the stock rh kernel sources? Did you install the
    > > glibc-kernheaders RPM? This contains severe RedHat braindamage:
    > > /usr/include/{asm,linux} aren't links into the kernel source tree,
    > > but directly installed. Remove the rpm and create the soft links
    > > to /usr/src/linux.
    > You have this completely backwards. /usr/include/{asm,linux} are
    > the headers from the kernel that the glibc was compiled against.
    > They should NOT never ever be symlinks to anywhere, but glibc's
    > own copies of the headers.

    Personally, I prefer:

    If you install a lot of cross compilers, you might find that that
    layout is the most logical.

    > This is not 'RedHat braindamage', it's the way things should be.
    > Making them symlinks is the only braindamage here.

    Not sure if RedHat does this or not, but something that I would always
    recommend is avoided, is assuming that /usr/src/linux is a symbolic
    link to the current kernel source code.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.035 / U:1.556 seconds]