    SubjectRe: Never ever use word BitKeeper if Larry does not like you
    Previously Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
    > I would distinguish this from someone who is promoting their own
    > product, let's call it BillyBob's Linux, and who makes a claim
    > that it is "compatible with Red Hat Linux." So long as the
    > compatibility statement is not used prominently in the
    > advertising of the product and so long as the statement is, in
    > fact, true, this would likely constitute a fair use of our mark,
    > roughly along the lines of comparative advertising.

    In this case the 'advertising' does prominently mention BitKeeper (in
    fact that is the whole reason for its existance). And it is compatible
    with (bits of) BitKeeper. So it seems your lawyers agree with Larry.

    Wichert.

    --
    Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> http://www.wiggy.net/
    A random hacker