    SubjectRe: Problem with aacraid driver in 2.5.63-bk-latest
    On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 06:57, Alan Cox wrote:
    > On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 23:25, Doug Ledford wrote:
    > > Mark Haverkamp wrote:
    > > > Then it sounds like the aacraid driver could set cmd_per_lun to a small
    > > > number like one since the real queue depth will be set later in
    > > > aac_slave_configure.
    > >
    > > Yes. And since the driver doesn't support anything other than drives to
    > > my knowledge, 1 would be appropriate.
    > It supports both disks and non disk devices. Disks are mapped onto bus 0
    > and are driven via firmware smarts as logical devices, non disks are bus 1
    > and there it behaves mostly like a scsi controller

    Is aac_slave_configure only called for disk devices? If its called for
    all scsi devices, then the queue depth will always be set to something a
    lot less than 512. I did some searching through the scsi code and I see
    only two places that cmd_per_lun is used. It is used to set the queue
    depth in scsi_track_queue_full and scsi_alloc_sdev. So it seems that, if
    aac_slave_configure gets called for all scsi devices, that setting
    cmd_per_lun in the aacraid scsi host template to 1 would be OK. Does
    that make sense or did I miss something?

    Mark Haverkamp <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.019 / U:0.560 seconds]