SubjectRe: BitBucket: GPL-ed KitBeeper clone
Date
On Wed 12 Mar 03 04:47, Horst von Brand wrote:
> ...You need to focus on changes to files,
> not files. I.e., file appeared/dissapeared/changed name/was edited by
> altering lines so and so.

It's useful to make the distinction that "file appeared/dissapeared/changed
name" are changes to a directory object, while "was edited by altering lines
so and so" is a change to a file object...

[...]

> > This consists of allowing developers to rename files and directories, and
> > have all repository operations properly recognize and handle this.
>
> And create and destroy. Note "rename" must include moving directories
> around, and moving stuff from one directory to another, etc.

...then this part gets much easier.

Regards,

Daniel