    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] BK->CVS (real time mirror)
    On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:

    > > Larry, this brings up something I was meaning to ask you before this
    > > thread exploded. What happens to those "logical change" numbers over
    > > time?
    > They are stable in the CVS tree because the CVS tree isn't distributed.
    > So "Logical change 1.900" in the context of the exported CVS tree is
    > always the same thing. That's one advantage centralized has, things
    > don't shift around on you.

    Isn't there a more general problem, though? (I hope I'm wrong)

    You want to update the CVS tree near-realtime. However, the longest-path
    through your graph may change with new merges, but CVS of course cannot
    cope with already committed data changing (already committed csets may
    all of a sudden not be in the longest path anymore)? This is a CVS
    limitation, of course, but still a problem AFAICS.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.019 / U:40.012 seconds]